If you want to open an SPV in Portugal (Special Purpose Vehicle), you can opt for dedicated services offered by one of our company formation agents. We can explain to you what the formalities are and what you need to do to register this structure. In the following lines, you can discover some interesting information about an SPV company in Portugal and its best use.
What is an SPV company in Portugal?
If you want to open an SPV in Portugal, you must know some aspects of this structure. In most cases, an SPV company in Portugal is dedicated to certain projects, implemented by local and foreign companies, where the financial risks are minimal. Here are other interesting aspects in this regard:
- Real estate or infrastructure projects, for example, can be developed with the help of an SPV company in Portugal because the financial risks are minimal in this case.
- If the parent company becomes bankrupt, the SPV company in Portugal is not affected, which is an advantage.
- Because it is a flexible and safe structure, an SPV company in Portugal can attract foreign investors.
Therefore, if you want to set up a company in Portugal, you can opt for the SPV company. Our local agents can help you with the registration formalities if you want to open an SPV in Portugal.
How can you register an SPV in Portugal?
With the help of our specialists in company incorporation in Portugal, you can benefit from support for the registration of an SPV company in Portugal. Here are some details in this regard:
- A limited liability company is the optimal structure for opening an SPV in Portugal. The formalities can be explained to you by our agents.
- This structure requires a bank account, and tax ID and can be established based on the Articles of Association.
- We invite you to contact us if you want to open a company in Portugal, more specifically an SPV company in Portugal. We help you from the very beginning to ensure a good start in business.
Accounting matters for SPVs in Portugal
If you want to open an SPV in Portugal, you must also take into account the important aspects related to accounting. With the help of our accountants in Portugal, you can ensure that the tax filing and return obligations for this business structure are respected. Both local and international legislation are involved in the accounting aspects of an SPV company in Portugal. We recommend that you contact our experts for more information about accounting for this type of business structure.
Best use for SPVs in Portugal
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, an SPV company in Portugal is suitable for separate projects of a company, especially to reduce financial risks. Those who want to open an SPV in Portugal can raise capital for ongoing projects, with attractive interests and rates. If you want more about company formation in Portugal and how to develop a business, you can also discover the following statistical data:
- The data for 2022 showed a GDP growth of around 6.9%.
- The unemployment rate for the end of 2023 is estimated at 6.5%.
- In 2023, Portugal’s general government balance is predicted to extend a surplus of 0.8% of GDP.
Do you want to open an SPV in Portugal? We advise you to contact us and find out everything you are interested in from our company formation agents in Portugal.